One of my best friends has just come home from Lisbon (Portugal). Unfortunately, due to exams, I won’t be able to leave until February (when I’m going to NYC!!!). So, I decided to write something about Lisbon, as I went there in 2014 and in 2015.
I liked it a lot, despite the hot weather (I always went in summer). Here some pics of the best spots to visit:
- Torre de Belém
- Praça do Comércio, which is mainly a huge square close to the sea
- Oceanário de Lisboa
- Monastero dos Jerónimos
- Estacao Gare do Oriente, a beautiful train station designed by the famous Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava.
I will give you 3 more tips:
- as you’re in Lisbon, you MUST eat Pastel de nata, one of the main dishes of the Portuguese cousin. It’s a dessert with cream egg and puff pastry.
- Take a ride on the super cool yellow Lisbon trams, which will bring you to the Bairro Alto (a central district in the city).
- The beaches are amazing as well, especially if you’re keen on surfing!
Of course there is a bunch of other stuff to do and to see, this is a short list that can help you if you don’t have that much time.
I really hope you will enjoy Lisbon as much as I did!
Let me know if you already went there, if you found more interesting spots or just ask me questions if you’re planning to go!
Don’t forget to check out Instagram as well, HERE‘s the link!
ps Happy New Year everyone! And thank you Giuli for your support.